At 2 a.m. Valentine's morning I woke up with some serious pain in my belly and after trying some home remedies and every position possible to try and get comfortable with no success, I finally woke Rob up at 7:30 and we went to the Vanderbilt emergency room. After 4 hours of waiting and of telling at least 5 different people the exact same thing, someone finally said that they would give me something to relieve the pain. They poked me and prodded me a little and decided because of tenderness I had on my right side, that they wanted to take a CT scan. After seeing that my appendix was a little swollen, they decided to do surgery because this was the early stages of appendicitis. So at 1:30 they told me that they were about to put the anesthesia in me and I don't remember anything after that until 3 hours later when I woke up in recovery. The surgery only took 33 minutes, but I was out for quite a bit afterwards. I stayed last night in the hospital and got home about noon today.
Warning: I will show you a picture of my bandages because the doctors were so festive and cut them into heart shapes. However, my stomach is huge because during surgery they pump your belly full of air in order to work in there better and the air stays in your system for a while. You can also see where they wrote on my stomach to make sure that they did the right kind of surgery. So this will definitely be a Valentine's Day that I will always remember. P.S. I did get some flowers out of the whole thing.....so not a whole Valentine's Day gone to waste I guess :)

9 comments:
Wow, what a Valentines Day!! I'm sorry to hear about that but at least you had cute bandages!
What a story! Glad to hear your ok! To answer your question, I haven't done a good job of keeping up with my Russian. I did get to practice it a year ago when a Russian couple joined the Church in our ward. They have since moved and once again I have no one to practice with. I'm doubtful I'll ever be fluent!
Sorry about your Valentine's Day adventure! I'm glad you're ok, and that's hilarious that they cut your bandages in heart shapes! LOL
Hope your recovery is speedy!
Holy hannah! That't totally nuts! I'm glad you're OK though and the bandage festivity is always a nice touch! :)I hope your recovery goes well. Also, I haven't forgotten about the borsht recipe. I'm working on it...I promise! :)
Man that stinks!!! We are glad you are ok though. We had to refresh our Internet five times to get the text to come up so all we had were the pictures at first!!!
I found out while we were in Las Vegas. I'm sorry! That's is not fun. But us girls must like to have surgery on Valentine's day. That is when I had Michael. Who going to end up at the hospital next Valentine's Day?
You poor thing. Glad to see your okay and hope it won't be long before your feeling back to normal!
I didn't have surgery but my stomach looks like its pumped full of gas; actually I bet there is some gas in there though.
That is one of my biggest fears, having appendicitis. I am sorry you had to go through that pain. Have you moved into your new house yet? I am excited for you.
Post a Comment