Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Because our anniversary fell on a Wednesday this year, we celebrated in increments. I surprised Rob with this early on in the week.

Part 1

It all started with this. Rob got a ticket to Italy! (idea and ticket complements of http://www.thedahlingdatingdivas.blogspot.com/).

Our culture was making playdough sculptures. Rob built a tank.
And a golum (you know what this is if you read the Fablehaven books).

He also made a puppy.

But the puppy didn't last long.

I took the easy route. I made Rob's favorite -- a doughnut!

Then I gave him a clue about what our cuisine was going to be for the night.

A yummy pizza.


Well, we ended up eating this one instead. It was super delicious!

Part 2
Rob's surprise for me came later in the week. He got us a night's stay at the Opryland Hotel!! This was the view from our window. The crazy thing about this was that we left the morning that all the rain started falling. Later that night they evacuated the building and most of the building ended up with at least 6 feet of water in it.

This is me on the balcony of our room. We had a great view of a waterfall.

This is what I saw as we walked into our room. Rob can be quite the romantic!

2 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

You guys need to teach a class on marriage! What a great anniversary!

Braden Bell said...

How fun! I love it.