Another dry overflow bed that is exceeding capacity and flooding people's backyards as it goes down.
A flooded backyard. Yes, that is a bench by that bush.
Come rain or hail or snow they always do their job. I was really surprised it tried to make it through there.
The flooded roadway this morning around 6:30. A beautiful picture showing how clear and sunny it is today thankfully. But those traffic cones nearly buried in the water in the middle of the road show us how much the water still has to recede and it's going to be a while.
Rob near the roadway this afternoon. The water will get higher then recede some then get higher again. Luckily at this point it will really not reach us at all.
This is the road around our neighborhood shown yesterday. The dry creekbed completely overflowed over the road and last night was rising 1 inch every 10 minutes. The fire department evacuated the people on the street just 1 down from us.
This lady's yard is now completely covered in water.
Earlier we had taken pictures of this lake that used to be a field. We had taken those pictures down in front of that fence. The water would now be over our heads if we stood where we had taken those earlier pictures.
This house is for sale. Luckily no one still lives here. We were in their back yard earlier in the day to take pictures. The water just rose so quickly.
Rob braved the cold dirty water to help these people carry out all their belongings. We checked with them this morning and there was at least 6-8 inches of water in their house. You can see the top of the fire hydrant (the yellow thing in the middle), but now it is completely covered and not visible.
5 years ago

6 comments:
Crazy! I am glad you guys are safe!
wow! that is just crazy stuff!!!
I'm glad you are okay and I hope your house is too!
This has just been unbelievable. I'm glad everything's ok.
What a disaster! So your house is okay, right?
Wow, that is crazy! I'm guessing you guys didn't get flooded? I really hope not.
Post a Comment