Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Seder

I know...another post about food. Well, we've just been having the most delicious food lately I can't help it. This dinner was our first attempt at having a Passover feast. And it worked! With the help of our friends, the Newmans, it turned out amazing! We roasted a lamb for 15 hours, had potato cakes, matzo, bitter herbs, haroset (a yummy sweet apple salad), and of course, grape juice.


To top it all off we had a yummy traditional Ukrainian Easter bread, Paska! This isn't included in the Passover meal, just a delicious addition to it! This was my first attempt, and although a little off from the Paska that I remember (mine didn't have white raisins in it), it turned out quite delectable I thought.


I wish you all could have joined us.

3 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Wow! That really sounds amazing. 15 hours???

Lara said...

I almost made paski cake this year! Except, you have to make it in can so it gets that traditional shape. I'll got for it next year. (:

cjmom said...

That sounds like a great idea!